cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] LTS Releases
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:58:43 GMT
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
> I like 4.4 better than 4.3 for my use case and despite the bugs I hit it does its job.
> If I were to deploy today it would still be with 4.4. Hope this makes you feel better.
:-)

It makes me feel the hero;) Seriously, I don't feel bad about 4.4, but
I am worried of a legacy of 4.3 being created were 4.4 effectively
becomes a fork of the product while 4.3 keeps converging back to 4.5.
Rohit is putting tremendous effort into 4.3 that I will certainly not
put into 4.4. I don't mind doing some convergence work. This is not
our use case. I don't want to compete with Rohit. I raise the subject
because of my concerns for the project.

--
Daan