cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Duffy <...@ianduffy.ie>
Subject Re: ui coding style guide?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:06:09 GMT
> I encounter java script with lots of superfluent whitespace and irregular
indentation.

Intellij's code reformat feature is awesome for fixing this. You'll
probably annoy folk with such large whitespace changes(I know I did).

> Do we have coding standards for that?

As far as I'm aware we do not, and if we do they aren't being applied on UI
changes.
I recall a few years ago that the javascript was completely unindented and
a mess. I ran a beautifier over it and committed it.

> And tools to enforce those?

No tools enforcing it, I guess we could get something like jshint as part
of our CI but I'd be fairly certain there's going to be a bunch of initial
errors to clear up before its any use.