cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] How come we don't include Users@ in vote threads?
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2014 17:56:08 GMT

> On 16-Nov-2014, at 9:50 pm, Ian Duffy <ian@ianduffy.ie> wrote:
>

> Just out of interest, is there some reason we don't include the users
> mailing list within vote threads for feedback around product stability?
>
> From what I've seen a lot of them have test labs. It would be nice to get
> their feedback before releasing rather than after…

I think we should start doing that. By including users@ in the last rounds of recent CloudMonkey
voting release I got some good feedback.

I think the general problem here is that for each voting candidate adding users@ML  would
be only useful if we also build a deb/rpm repo for them to test the voting candidate so everyone
won’t have to build their own CloudStack. My suggestion is to do that, and I think we can
have the testing repo on packages.shapeblue.com for that.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com