cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing nictype/disk controller for a template or VM
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:01:10 GMT
Hi,

> On 13-Nov-2014, at 2:18 pm, Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sateesh.chodapuneedi@citrix.com>
wrote:

> Looks like it's API layer change only. Just to confirm, does this modify resource code
as well?

I’ve already fixed the issue. What I did does not change resource code at all. As soon as
a template’s details are updated for new VMs using that template those details will be used
so we’re good. That was the main fix.

For already running VMs, it’s tricky to implement the fix and I’m not sure how we would
want to handle this. So for now I simply added the fix to update the details in DB (via the
API). We can discuss and decide how we can handle this case but I am personally interested
in fixing the templates only as previously there was no way to update details once a template
is registered.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue