cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Turner <Stephen.Tur...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: UI: "CPU (in MHz)" doesn't make sense
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:28:51 GMT
Certainly it's wrong at the moment, because XenServer doesn't allow you to change the MHz of
the CPU of a VM. Can someone find out which XenServer API calls it actually makes? Then we
can work out how to describe it.

--
Stephen Turner

-----Original Message-----
From: Logan Barfield [mailto:lbarfield@tqhosting.com]
Sent: 10 November 2014 16:24
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: UI: "CPU (in MHz)" doesn't make sense

I agree completely.  We've set all of our service offerings to equal weights, and hard coded
the same weight into the custom offering form.
It's a bit too confusing otherwise.

The way I understand the weights for (Xen/KVM at least) is that they're just relative, so
1 vs 2 is the same as 1 vs 1000.  That being the case I'd suggest a solution that has worked
for us in the past: set the weight equal to the memory amount (in MB).

Thoughts?

Thank You,

Logan Barfield
Tranquil Hosting