cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Turner <Stephen.Tur...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Question about XenServer plug-ins
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 16:44:15 GMT
I believe it was part of a general clean-up to try and use XenServer public APIs; rather than
modify the XenServer itself, which may or may not work in future XenServer versions.

--
Stephen Turner

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: 05 November 2014 01:23
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Question about XenServer plug-ins

Hi,

In XenServerStorageProcessor there are several times when we make calls to XenServer plug-ins
(for example, to download a template from secondary storage to a XenServer SR).

In Xenserver625StorageProcessor we seem to handle this kind of work in Java code instead of
calling into the XenServer plug-ins.

I was curious if anyone remembers the history behind this transition?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com