cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we keep tags on release branches?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:51:45 GMT
Hi,

> On 12-Nov-2014, at 10:10 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I see your issue, Rohit but I would not like reverting to our old ways
> with reverts for release 'attempts'. This method keeps a cleaner
> history in perspective of code commits as voted off release candidates
> can be thrown away. I am not sure what wisdom is but given the choice
> I want to keep with the new process.

What’s the use of keeping voted off RCs? Are somehow the release candidates which did not
pass votes useful?

If you want to keep RCs, I propose that all voting cadidates (or RCs) start with a -rc tag.
For example, 4.5.0-rc1 etc. This way you can keep RC tagged and look it up in future. A lot
of projects do it this way.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue