cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Changing nictype/disk controller for a template or VM
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:37:48 GMT
Hi,

In case of VMWare, when we register a new template we can pass in nic type and disk controller
but there is no API (or parameter passable to current APIs) to change nic type and disk controller
for both VM and template.

I’m planning to add a details map (following the registerTemplate API) to updateTemplate
and updateVirtualMachine APIs which would takes in the nictype and disk controller parameters.
Please share if this would cause any issue for you or if there is was a good reason to not
allow it before? Right now to do something like that would require database hacking. Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com