cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing nictype/disk controller for a template or VM
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 09:07:27 GMT

On 10-11-14 08:37, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In case of VMWare, when we register a new template we can pass in nic type and disk controller
but there is no API (or parameter passable to current APIs) to change nic type and disk controller
for both VM and template.

> I’m planning to add a details map (following the registerTemplate API) to updateTemplate
and updateVirtualMachine APIs which would takes in the nictype and disk controller parameters.
Please share if this would cause any issue for you or if there is was a good reason to not
allow it before? Right now to do something like that would require database hacking. Thanks.

I don't see any problems. For some longer running VMs it might be useful
at some point that you can switch from e1000 to VirtIO NICs for example.

Wido

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue