cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move to github PR only during moratorium on commit
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 11:27:40 GMT
Hi,

> On 18-Oct-2014, at 2:30 pm, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [Proposal]
> ----
> All commits come through github PR, *even* for committers. We declare a moratorium period
(agreed suspension of activity) during which direct commit to master is forbidden.
> Only the master RM is allowed to merge PR in master (we define a master RM). If direct
commit to master is done, master RM reverts without warning. Same for 4.5 and 4.4. branches.
> ----

+1

Much needed and Github is just more fun than RB any day. Merging gives us the benefit of reverting
the merge by reverting on the merge commit which is useful to revert a merge that break some
functionality and perhaps not the build.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com