cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Checking in to 4.5
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 18:09:27 GMT
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Mike Tutkowski
<mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> So, I know we're a ways past code freeze, but we seem to have been (rightly)
> focusing more of our dev effort as a community on 4.3.1 and 4.4.1 lately.

Yes, as I've stated elsewhere, I am in some ways waiting for 4.4.1. to
close before we try and process a 4.5.0 release.

> It seems that check-ins have gone into master in the recent past and that
> you felt they should not be reverted.

I actually think several of these should be reverted. In particular,
some of the current 4.5 blockers would not exist if not for those.
I am contemplating whether the right way forward is to continue with
master as the release branch or whether I should branch 4.5 before the
problematic features landed and cherry pick over bug fixes as
appropriate.

> That being the case, Marcus and I have completed a review of the following
> and were wondering if it would be OK to put it in master?
>
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/25772/
>
> Thanks!

I'd prefer not to, regardless, I wouldn't expect it to be in 4.5.0

--David