cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couple of questions about the 4.4.1 systemvm (re failed VR upgrades) and how to fix it
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:46:56 GMT
I had it backwards. the script is installed from the systemvm.iso not
in the template it seems. sorry my search was correct but I
interpreted the results wrong

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lucian, see inline
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So as per my other emails[1] regarding the failing upgrade because the VR won't find
/opt/cloud/bin/createipAlias.sh (a typo by the looks of it):

>> - can I just download the systemvm, customise it and use it or is the systemvm's
cheksum, size and others locked in the DB?
> the checksum is used during downloading only AFAIR
>
>> - if I can customise the systemvm, is it enough to just symlink /opt/cloud/bin/createIpAlias.sh
(correct path) to /opt/cloud/bin/createipAlias.sh?
> You could. It still seems strange to me that the 4.3 version should
> work and the 4.4 not.
>

>> Is there anything else I need to do to fix this? Jayapal mentioned the systemvm.iso,
do I need to edit this one as well?

--
Daan