cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move to github PR only during moratorium on commit
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:31:13 GMT

wrote:
>> The approach for fixing issues in release branch first and master later is not practical
as we may miss out commits not made into master and future release regressing without the
fixes.

> By the same logic, if we fix by default on master only, the release branch may miss out
commits.

I sttrongly disagree with Animesh here and think Rohit is overlooking
a simple fact. At the moment the branches are for 'stabalizing'.
Fixing on master first is in direct contradiction with that.

We have not been stabalizing 4.4. it contains bug that have during the
release periods for 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 been fixed on master. That
shouldn't have been allowed to happen.