cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][ACS44]Apache CloudStack 4.4.1 RC 3 in branch 4.4-RC20141014T2316
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:27:35 GMT
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> - Hardcoded systemvm template names in Upgrade440to441 ::
> updateSystemVmTemplates

​I don't care about this one as the names are a choice and not bound to any
real name outside of ACS, the url is but it is under our control. We face
bigger chalanges as your next point illustrates:
​

> - Harcoded checksums and restricted to 4.4.0 templates in Upgrade440to441;
> if someone upgrades from pre-4.4.0 should we allow them to use latest 4.4.1
> templates? I understand this is tricky as 4.4.1 is not released yet should
> we find a way we can not hardcode this?

​The trick part is that it is a hot upgrade. A helper table especially for
sysvm upgrades could do the trick. This could be a generic upgrade function
for anytoany version: check the table - if non processed entries update the
sysvm templates - mark the entries as processed. A process that would run
on any upgrade. We could add a check in the Upgradextoy to ensure if sysvm
upgrade are needed that entries are added.

sorry if I cut corners in my rant. I don't think this will be in 4.4.1

--
Daan