cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: cloudmonkey 5.3.0 autocompletion
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:47:05 GMT
Hi,

Thanks, glad you find it useful.

> On 30-Oct-2014, at 6:43 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Second, should I expect cloudmonkey to also be able to fill in stuff like
> list templates templatefilter=<tab><tab> ?

At present, it only autocompletes API arguments which are of UUID type. This can be seen by
doing the api -h command: list templates -h;

CloudMonkey is able to autocomplete all arguments which are of UUID type, if you’re seeing
any issue it’s probably a bug; so please share if you find any of those.

In future versions we can try to address autocompletion for strings, ints, maps, types, filters
etc. Also, there are many inconsistencies; for example in some APIs the “account” argument
is string and in some it’s UUID; so it can autocomplete for ones which are UUIDs but not
for others (which are string, ints etc).

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com