cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kuang-Ching Wang <kuangching.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to add new data table to DB
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 18:07:54 GMT
Thanks Mike, I added the table successfully.

And also thanks for the suggestion.  I spent some time looking into what we need - we need
to store some topology/tenant mapping info specific to our plugin for syncing purpose.  Logically
it really needs to be maintained in a separate table.  Similar practice has been adopted by
some other network-element plugins as well.

Thanks,
KC

On Sep 28, 2014, at 9:23 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Assuming you are doing this for version 4.5, please take a look at adding your table
to this file:

> schema-441to450.sql
>
> By the way, do we really need to add a new table for this plug-in or is there some "*_details"
table (ex. storage_pool_details) where you can store information specific to your needs?

> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Kuang-Ching Wang <kuangching.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a new table to store data in the cloudstack DB.  I followed existing
examples to:
> - add a new VO class, with @Entity and @Table(name = “new_table_name")
> - add a new Dao interface
> - add a new DaoImpl class for the interface
> - update spring context (of my network plugin) with a new bean id for the new DaoImpl
class

> I was expecting with the change and a reinstall of my cloudstack-management service (even
doing cloudstack-setup-databases again), a new table would be created.  However, this is not
happening.