cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack repos
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:55:58 GMT
Hi Lucian,

> On 28-Oct-2014, at 7:02 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Rohit,
>
> Thanks for that. I'll use lftp for now. You're mirrored here http://mirrors.coreix.net/packages.shapeblue.com/
> (is there anything else besides those 2 directories cloudstack and systemvmtemplate?)

Great. Other than these two directories, there is a source directory (though source tarballs
are already mirrored by ASF infra): http://packages.shapeblue.com/source

> Really glad to see this happening, too bad we can't do it through Apache, but still,
this is why we have communities for, I guess. ;-)

The server we’ve currently is in UK generously donated by BT, happy to collaborate on setting
more mirrors from the main repo/infra. Also, in case you or anyone has suggestions to improve
this service or fix any issue.

I’ll soon blog on how we build/test and package; I’ve a staging repository here: packages.bhaisaab.org
that gets builds from Jenkins (packages.bhaisaab.org:8080). To build ShapeBlue’s patch/main
repo, we have a https://github.com/shapeblue/cloudstack repository that is public as well.
We try to develop in the upstream as much as possible, avoid forking CloudStack and be good
ACS citizens. After validation/testing is put on the packages.shapeblue.com repository after
signing the packages using a GPG key that is already in my web of trust and since many of
the other contributors have signed my GPG public key in previous key signing party, it’s
in the 2nd degree of web of trust and verifiable. Gist used for building signed repo from
Jenkins built debs/rpms: https://gist.github.com/bhaisaab/e19463222663a2201aed

Regards.

> Lucian
>
> --