cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <LSim...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: System VM build job slaves are down
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:27:14 GMT
Hi Rayees,

On Oct 17, 2014, at 2:39 AM, Rayees Namathponnan <rayees.namathponnan@citrix.com> wrote:
> I have restored Citrix systemvm build machine and added as slave in Jenkins.buildacloud.org;
node “systemvmbuilder"

Great!

> Systemvm builds hung, while copying "VBoxGuestAdditions_4.2.6.iso" from Jenkins master,

> Build machine added as jnpl client, do we need to make any other configuration to copy
the VBoxAdditions_4.2.1.iso from master ?

I don’t know much about the JNLP connector; we tend to use the SSH connector internally
and we don’t have to do anything special there for file copying to work.

If you look into the systemvm build.sh script, it invokes veewee, which is what needs the
isos. We copy them from master to limit bandwidth utilization of upstream. But, to make some
progress, you can install them by hand too from any other place, or, you can disable the copy-from-master
to have veewee attempt to download the ISO from the internet.

cheers,

Leo

> Regards,
> Rayees

work to shore up the containing environment, and the slave will be offline until we complete
that, which may take 3 weeks or so for us to get to due to, err, being quite busy :-)

> Until then, of course, if someone can bring back up the original slave that has been
offline for a while, that might be worth it.