cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][ACS44]Apache CloudStack 4.4.1 RC 3 in branch 4.4-RC20141014T2316
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:09:28 GMT
Hi,

-0

Upgraded from 4.3.1 to 4.4.1, following the docs (http://cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade/upgrade-4.3.html)
it worked and usual VM lifecycle (create, start, stop, reboot etc), networking etc in basic
zone.

The issue is that, the upgrade docs ask you to pre-register/install a 4.4.0 template before
we upgrade to 4.4.x which works. But if I upgraded from 4.3.1 using a 4.4.1 template the upgrade
path 4.4.0-4.4.1 fails because in Upgrade440to441 in updateSystemVmTemplates() we are using
hardcoded checksums as the 4.4.1 templates I used from jenkins.b.o had different checksums
which resulted in failure of the DB migration and CloudStack mgmt server got stuck.

To summarize;

- Hardcoded systemvm template names in Upgrade440to441 :: updateSystemVmTemplates
- Harcoded checksums and restricted to 4.4.0 templates in Upgrade440to441; if someone upgrades
from pre-4.4.0 should we allow them to use latest 4.4.1 templates? I understand this is tricky
as 4.4.1 is not released yet should we find a way we can not hardcode this?

Repo:
http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/main/debian/4.4/
http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/main/centos/

Lastly, I tested and found that the previous Cluster settings UI/API blocker issue is not
seen anymore (reported by Geoff and Pierre in previous voting round).

On 15-Oct-2014, at 2:53 am, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As all open blocking issues were reported fixed today, I've created a 4.4.1
> release, with the following artifacts up for a vote:
>
> Git Branch and Commit SH:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.4-RC20141014T2316
> Commit: 8db506b536f3139250d33df571c98c1c3fa83650
>
> List of changes:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/latest/
>
> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
> location):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.4.1/
>
> PGP release keys (signed using 4096R/AA4736F3):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)