cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][ACS44]Apache CloudStack 4.4.1 RC 3 in branch 4.4-RC20141014T2316
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:37:41 GMT
Hi,

On 16-Oct-2014, at 6:57 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
> ​The trick part is that it is a hot upgrade. A helper table especially for
> sysvm upgrades could do the trick. This could be a generic upgrade function
> for anytoany version: check the table - if non processed entries update the
> sysvm templates - mark the entries as processed. A process that would run
> on any upgrade. We could add a check in the Upgradextoy to ensure if sysvm
> upgrade are needed that entries are added.
>
> sorry if I cut corners in my rant. I don't think this will be in 4.4.1

If we go with this, then in case anyone wants to upgrade from 4.3.1 to say 4.5.0; they would
require to upload a 4.4.0 template so that the upgrade path 440to441 won’t break for them.
This would be unnecessary for such an upgrade in future from any version before 4.4.1 to any
version after it. If possible if we should fix this.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution as I don’ t know why we are upgrading systemvm
template in the db upgrade path (any background/context would be great). Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com