cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject vm.password.length issue in 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:39:44 GMT
Hello,

First of all "THANKS!" to whoever made this feature happen (Ian I guess). Now we can set more
secure passwords generated for our instances.

Second, the feature works, but with a small glitch, the number seems to be affected by some
sort of offset. I.e. if I set the password to be 15 chars in length then the generated password
will actually be 18 chars.
In order to get a 15 chars long passwd I had to set vm.password.length to 12. Bug or feature?
:)

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro