cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From abhisek basu <abhisekb...@msn.com>
Subject Re: API calls and keys
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:13:43 GMT
You need to generate the signature; sample code us here: http://abhisekbasu.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/how-to-generate-signature-for-cloudstack-api/

You may also consider using login api in your scenario.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 3 Sep 2014, at 8:11 pm, "Giri Prasad" <g_pr23@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using a html/php script to read in userid, password and domain id from the user.
 Using CloudStackClient.php, I am able to call most of the api's, like list vm's, and the
output seems correct.

> And I want to use some API's via <a href ....>  like:
>
> http://XXX.XXX.XXX.5:8080/client/api?command=startVirtualMachine&id=aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee
> http://XXX.XXX.XXX.5:8080/client/api?command=stopVirtualMachine&id=aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee
> http://XXX.XXX.XXX.5:8080/client/console?cmd=access&vm=aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee
>
> I need to add dynamically the apikey and signature:
>
> &apiKey=miVr6X7u6bN_sdahOBpjNejPgEsT35eXqjB8CG20YI3yaxXcgpyuaIRmFI_EJTVwZ0nUkkJbPmY3y2bciKwFQ
> &signature=Lxx1DM40AjcXU%2FcaiK8RAP0O1hU%3D
>
> since apikey and signature are required, are there, any api's, where I can dynamically,
get it from the CS infra, and use the return values, for building the apiKey and signature
part of the url.

> I need to get the apikey and signature dynamically, for a specific user (userid/passwd),
and then use it, for building the url.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Giri
>
> Without apikeys and signature:
to verify user credentials and/or request signature</errortext></startvirtualmachineresponse>