cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] How xs-tools gets installed for xen vms and systemvms
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:37:21 GMT
Hi Rohit,

I've tried to investigate on this one recently because right now the
xentools are not installed on systemvm templates (acs 4.2+).
I've tried to build systemvm template for xenserver which this script and
tuned version for XS6.2 but not success during the build process.  I did
not investigate further but I've got into error related to running out of
disk space during the systemvm creation.

This was not for the systemvm.iso but to generate .vhd.  I'm curious to
investigate and need this fixed but did not had enough time yet...

>From what I've saw, you need to add install-xs-tool.sh into the script
lists in : tools/appliance/definitions/systemvm64template/postinstall.sh

You might have to update install-xs-tools.sh since it would install an old
xs-tools version...

Regards,

*Pierre-Luc DION*
t 855.652.5683

*CloudOps* Votre partenaire infonuagique* | *Cloud Solutions Experts
w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_