cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: [VMWARE SETUP ERROR] Error seeing in brining up System VMs with Vmware setup with CS server
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 01:43:20 GMT
OK, I checked in a fix for this:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=commitdiff;h=18e5aa116e99906f24a292bf7546809e05c72ec2;hp=7537c33bcdda65672fdd8f81509e6885aa536932

I did notice that both before and after my fix that the virtual router is
NOT coming up.

The system VM being cloned and the starting of the VM looks fine. It gets
to the command prompt and then a little while later is shut down and
restarted. I get an error in the GUI indicating that my VM deployment
failed.

I don't personally know a whole lot about how the virtual router code
works, so we should pass that on to an appropriate developer.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Just destroyed and re-created my env from scratch without
> 8bb4022f3729154f85036c4a7f55e2de783e4909 and it works fine.
>
> I think I know what the author was intending with the code that is causing
> the problem, so I'll go ahead and put in what I think is a fix, re-create
> my env, and see if it works.
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM, ilya musayev <ilya.musayev@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Thank you Mike, please keep us posted.
>>
>> Regards
>> ilya
>>
>> On 9/18/14, 4:14 PM, Mike Tutkowski wrote:
>>
>> Little clarification on this:
>>
>>  "The dsName is derived from the UUID of the datastore."
>>
>>  I mean that the dsName is derived from the UUID primary storage in the
>> DB.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just a little update on this:
>>>
>>>  The problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with "managed" storage
>>> code that was introduced back in March.
>>>
>>>  The dsName is derived from the UUID of the datastore. This leads to a
>>> null being returned from diskInfoBuilder.getDiskInfoByBackingFileBaseName,
>>> which subsequently leads to a null being returned from this method (and a
>>> NullPointerException being thrown).
>>>
>>>  I plan to take a look at the history of this file in gitk.
>>>
>>>     private VirtualMachineDiskInfo
>>> getMatchingExistingDisk(VirtualMachineDiskInfoBuilder diskInfoBuilder,
>>> DiskTO vol) {
>>>
>>>         if (diskInfoBuilder != null) {
>>>
>>>             VolumeObjectTO volume = (VolumeObjectTO)vol.getData();
>>>
>>>             String dsName = volume.getDataStore().getUuid().replace("-",
>>> "");
>>>

>>>              Map<String, String> details = vol.getDetails();
>>>
>>>             boolean isManaged = details != null &&
>>> Boolean.parseBoolean(details.get(DiskTO.MANAGED));
>>>

>>>              VirtualMachineDiskInfo diskInfo =
>>>

>>> diskInfoBuilder.getDiskInfoByBackingFileBaseName(isManaged ? new
>>> DatastoreFile(volume.getPath()).getFileBaseName() : volume.getPath(),
>>> dsName);

System

tar

setup. I see the

there is
it looks like this:

SHA you saw this

(master) and seeing
figured out this

Console Proxy VM) are
are reconfiguring and

building CS.

job-54/job-68, cmd:
to Exception:

>>>  --
>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>

>>  --
>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>> o: 303.746.7302
>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com