cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: [VMWARE SETUP ERROR] Error seeing in brining up System VMs with Vmware setup with CS server
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:12:39 GMT
Just a little update on this:

The problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with "managed" storage code
that was introduced back in March.

The dsName is derived from the UUID of the datastore. This leads to a null
being returned from diskInfoBuilder.getDiskInfoByBackingFileBaseName, which
subsequently leads to a null being returned from this method (and a
NullPointerException being thrown).

I plan to take a look at the history of this file in gitk.

    private VirtualMachineDiskInfo
getMatchingExistingDisk(VirtualMachineDiskInfoBuilder diskInfoBuilder,
DiskTO vol) {

        if (diskInfoBuilder != null) {

            VolumeObjectTO volume = (VolumeObjectTO)vol.getData();

            String dsName = volume.getDataStore().getUuid().replace("-", ""
);

            Map<String, String> details = vol.getDetails();

            boolean isManaged = details != null &&
Boolean.parseBoolean(details.get(DiskTO.MANAGED));

            VirtualMachineDiskInfo diskInfo =

diskInfoBuilder.getDiskInfoByBackingFileBaseName(isManaged ? new
DatastoreFile(volume.getPath()).getFileBaseName() : volume.getPath(),
dsName);

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> I think I found the magic. :)
>
> sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.129.46:/export/secondary /mnt/sec
>
> If I mount /export/secondary to /mnt/sec (I did it in a bit of a
> roundabout way here), then the management server is happy.
>
> I think this is only VMware "thing" for the management server.
>
> Does anyone know if we document this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> The instructions even say the following:
>>
>> If your secondary storage mount point is not named /mnt/secondary,
>> substitute your own mount point name.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I've been through the instructions a couple times and don't see
>>> anything that indicates why it's having trouble with /mnt/sec (it says
>>> /mnt/sec instead of /mnt/secondary in the log messages).

VM) are

>>> --
>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>

>> --
>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>> o: 303.746.7302
>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com