cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: [VMWARE SETUP ERROR] Error seeing in brining up System VMs with Vmware setup with CS server
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 02:12:07 GMT
Turning off the version checking didn't fix the router issue.

It gets cloned, then started, gets to the command prompt, then is shut down
and restarted. It finally ends up in the stopped state and I get an error
back in the GUI that deploying my VM failed.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Actually, the virtual router says it requires an upgrade.
>
> I think I can just turn that check off and re-run my create-VM test.
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, I checked in a fix for this:
>>

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=commitdiff;h=18e5aa116e99906f24a292bf7546809e05c72ec2;hp=7537c33bcdda65672fdd8f81509e6885aa536932
>>
>> I did notice that both before and after my fix that the virtual router is
>> NOT coming up.
>>
>> The system VM being cloned and the starting of the VM looks fine. It gets
>> to the command prompt and then a little while later is shut down and
>> restarted. I get an error in the GUI indicating that my VM deployment
>> failed.
>>
>> I don't personally know a whole lot about how the virtual router code
>> works, so we should pass that on to an appropriate developer.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just destroyed and re-created my env from scratch without
>>> 8bb4022f3729154f85036c4a7f55e2de783e4909 and it works fine.
>>>
>>> I think I know what the author was intending with the code that is
>>> causing the problem, so I'll go ahead and put in what I think is a fix,
>>> re-create my env, and see if it works.

Adip Shetty

I assume

to repro (or

777).

Exception: tar
file or directory

<

it, asserts are

we had an issue with
time the default

the setup. I see the

are running under?

in VmwareResource is the

this as it looks like

commit SHA you saw

Sabharwal

with CS (master) and seeing
and figured out this

VM and Console Proxy VM)
vms are reconfiguring
cycle.

SDK for building CS.

[c.c.h.v.r.VmwareResource]
job-54/job-68,
due to Exception:

Inc.*
cloud

>>> --
>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>

>> --
>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>> o: 303.746.7302
>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com