cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack Future
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 05:37:20 GMT

On 17-Sep-2014, at 7:02 am, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
> I love seeing thoughts/actions around organizing.
>
> but… (Rohit, you keep doing good stuff and I keep popping up to be negative, sorry
:) )

> Can we do this within the ASF infrastructure? Trello is cool (I’ve used it internally
in the past) but can’t we do this on a Confluence page? This allows folks to use existing
ASF credentials to be part of the party.  If there’s major reasons (usability or otherwise)
that we can’t, let us know them. I know at least Rohit likes the cool new toys (not meant
in a bad way) and that ASF usually won’t have the cool new toys (also not meant in a bad
way) but I think we’ll benefit from building our sand castles within the existing sandbox…

You’re funny John :) This is my personal board that is just public with list of things that
I *personally* want in CloudStack.

> “Aim for stable master” gives me a really big :( but I get it.
>
> Under Development column, what’s “ET” ?

Emerging technologies.

> VM importer shouldn’t be in development - this needs to be in production releases.

Development -> things we should be developing.

> Would like to see an expansion on “developer dogfooding” - e.g. develop within ACS
VMs, or??

So, most of the developers of CloudStack don’t use it as a user. If we dogfood, we make
try to make it more user friendly and improve its UX over time.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com