cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.3.1, round #3
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:36:33 GMT

On 10-Sep-2014, at 2:20 pm, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am still confused by this one. The release build script removed the -SNAPSHOT from
deps/XenServer/pom.xml  see:

> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/41c0eaa14d2f8cd5b58bca71f2254c2390cc6913#diff-03d0955964f7b3c8fddf550c9ffa1aeaL28
>
> But your fix was in the root pom.xml to remove the -SNAPSHOT as well
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=blobdiff;f=pom.xml;h=83b62e2d4c1eb9d69d4802259d1203c71ca58eab;hp=19e4d35f32c1a516c71bd777dfdda51ab9c65ba2;hb=b6ee5e6455176e75c67b74241b1a9f6160cc62a1;hpb=33911723f851fe9a816c400bb4739539b8087cd3
>
> But animesh added it back in Jan 22:
>
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/361aaca794fd885d0b72573a89ad8799bdef301a
>
> So which one is correct for the Xapi artifact ?

Alright, the way maven and dependencies work is that when you build an artifact/jar they get
a version and to use this jar we have to specify the same version in dependency block. In
this case the xapi jar (deps/XenServerJava) has some version and we need to use the same version
in xen hypervisor plugin (plugins/hypervisor/xen/pom.xml) which pick the version string from
root pom.xml. So, as long as these versions are same at both places, it does not matter whether
you want to append some prefix since we’re consuming the artifact we build from deps/XenServer.

To make this less confusing, I’ve reverted my fix and made the pom in deps/XenServerJava
to use -SNAPSHOT suffix like it was before.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com