cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Devdeep Singh <devdeep.si...@citrix.com>
Subject Regarding commit 7f440854f7bcd41a1bd6581c0239cde2e98261b7
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:22:48 GMT
Hi Daan,

I am looking into bug [1] which reports that the vmsync functionality is broken on master.
If a vm deployed by cloudstack is stopped directly on the hypervisor, its state is not updated
in cloudstack. I see that in commit 7f440854f7bcd41a1bd6581c0239cde2e98261b7, a change was
made to retry retrieving the resource status (PingCommand) to deal with network glitches.
However, there is an issue with the commit and it has caused a regression with the vmsync
functionality. Now, by default, the PingTask is not checking for the status of the resource.
This breaks vmsync for all direct connected agents, which includes xenserver, hyper-v etc.

I'll be submitting a fix for this issue. Do let me know if you have any concerns with it.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7598

Regards,
Devdeep