cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] How xs-tools gets installed for xen vms and systemvms
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:22:15 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone explain how xs-tools (xen server tools, guest utilities) are installed on systemvms
and on user instances?

I see that we’ve a script in tools/appliance/definitions/builtin/install-xs-tools.sh that
is supposed to download and install xs-tool on vms but we are not using this for our systemvmtemplate
or systemvm64template definition.

If we need it, should we run this script (which downloads and installs xs tools) on the systemvms?

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com