cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Shell commands vs Native Java file handling
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:16:53 GMT

On 02-09-14 20:11, David Bierce wrote:
> Me too, but I’m new to this code base and to Java so I didn’t know if there was a
rational behind it or not.  :)

> There were a few places in SSVM where it is handling symlinks, for which support wasn’t
added till Java 7 (according to the Docs), that was the only reason I could think of.

Ah, ok. I'm not aware of specific cases, but there are multiple
occasions where I replaced Shell by Java code.

If you spot any of those, please, do send patches!

Shell execution is not reliable and also doesn't make code portable.

Wido