cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <agneya2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VMWARE SETUP ERROR] Error seeing in brining up System VMs with Vmware setup with CS server
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 04:58:59 GMT
Mike,

  Lets wait for sometime, till someone from Citrix respond.
I am working from Garage and not from Citrix and do not have quick access to VMWare setup.
In case we are still not sure about the VMWare template then we can plan a more collaborative
effort by participating in a debugging session.
I can pass on the information on issues that I have seen, we can then put some joint effort
to fix these followed by documenting/automating these.

I still hope that Sateesh or someone form Citrix respond on the latex VMware templates and
procedure.

-abhi

On 21-Sep-2014, at 3:57 am, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> So, I just tried with this system template and got (essentially) the same
> results.
>
> I say "essentially" because with this template I never arrived at a login
> prompt (it just shut down at some point in the boot stage). With the other
> template, I was brought to the login prompt and then the VM was shut down.
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Abhinandan Prateek <agneya2001@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> VMWare Template:
>> http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.5/systemvm64template-4.5-vmware.ova
>> Checksum: 3106a79a4ce66cd7f6a7c50e93f2db57
>>
>> Last I checked systemvm.iso will not get mounted.
>>
>> -abhi
>>
>> On 20-Sep-2014, at 8:32 am, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you provide me a link to the Citrix ones?
>>>
>>> Does this mean the standard build for VMware on Jenkins in terms of the
>>> system template is pretty much useless when it comes to the virtual
>> router?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Abhinandan Prateek <
>> agneya2001@gmail.com>

>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com>
>>>>

>> http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/job/build-systemvm64-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tools/appliance/dist/systemvm64template-master-vmware.ova

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=commitdiff;h=18e5aa116e99906f24a292bf7546809e05c72ec2;hp=7537c33bcdda65672fdd8f81509e6885aa536932

>> router

>> deployment

>> code

I think is a

do with "managed"

This leads
>> method

file in gitk.

vol.getDetails();

&&

:

<

(I did it in a bit of a
server is happy.

management server.

is not named

Tutkowski <

a couple times and
having trouble with
in the log messages).

Ritu Sabharwal <

and it is mounted to
I used is:

>> /usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/systemvm/4.4/systemvm64template-4.4.0-6-vmware.ova

is local, then

2014 2:34 PM
Sateesh Chodapuneedi; Adip
Error seeing in brining up
server

storage for VMware look
>> like
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> /usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/systemvm/4.4/systemvm64template-4.4.0-6-vmware.ova
\ -F

(not /mnt/secondary). I
>> assume
in fact, where my secondary
and that seems to work just

PM, Mike Tutkowski <
wrote:

> [...]
along in the process to repro (or

(and I even made it 777).

cmd: CopyCommand) Exception:
>> /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8//routing-8.ova
run program "tar" (in directory
error=2, No such file or

PM, Mike Tutkowski <
wrote:

> [...]
Now that I think about it, asserts
>> are

at 1:59 PM, Marcus <
>> shadowsor@gmail.com

by default? I think we had an issue
and I believe at the time the default

at 1:35 PM, Ritu Sabharwal

master just now and tried the setup. I see

Regards,

Message-----