cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.3.1, round #3
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:44:37 GMT

On Sep 10, 2014, at 1:40 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> On 10-Sep-2014, at 1:27 pm, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you point me to what change since 4.3.0 that created the issue…
>
> Yes, this commit (short id: 41c0eaa) tried to remove the SNAPSHOT string from poms and
removed it from deps/XenServer.

> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/41c0eaa14d2f8cd5b58bca71f2254c2390cc6913#diff-03d0955964f7b3c8fddf550c9ffa1aeaL28

then we need to fix the tools/build/build_asf.sh script

>>> I request that you cancel this voting because of the systemvm and main artifacts
build fixes. (Thanks to Lucian for reporting).

>> I see that you put a fix that make the system debian 7.5 instead of 7.0 ….Does
that constitutes a system upgrade that users will need to take care of ?

> The fix (a1d230b88b8ae4e618201928079c0b17c994a3b8) I made was to detect vmware ova/vmdk
file using a wildcard number matcher [0-9] and not search a disk by suffix 1. This fixed the
systemvm builds on jenkins.buildacloud.org

> By using 7.5.0 release we get the latest stable debian release. There is not much difference,
as when building systemvms we do a apt-get upgrade as well to get latest debian stuff, by
using the latest ISO we reduce some bandwidth usage. I also see that few fixes went into systemvm/
and agent since 4.3.0 release, so users should ideally upgrade their systemvms to 4.3.1’s
systemvms. But I think old systemvms (4.3.0) should work fine with 4.3.1 release as well.

Ok, everybody happy with this ?

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue