cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ilia Shakitko <i.shaki...@tech.leaseweb.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION][USAGE] How do you use
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 15:09:24 GMT
Hello everybody,

I am currently investigating possible impact for switching CloudStack Usage Server aggregation
time from 1440 (default) to 5/10 minutes. Let’s say I have 1000 VMs. Considering amount
of usage types (19 of them?) and amount of instances I’ll have 1000*19 usage records per
5/10 minutes.
With 3k instances it increases more. And if instances are being actively created/destroyed
this number will grow.

How do use tackle case like that? I think it’s not a good idea to let usage database grow
that quick on a busy platform.

Kind regards,

Ilia Shakitko
Innovation Engineer
LeaseWeb Technologies B.V.

T: +31 20 316 0235

E: i.shakitko@tech.leaseweb.com
W: www.leaseweb.com<http://www.leaseweb.com>

Luttenbergweg 8, 1101 EC Amsterdam, The Netherlands