cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Adapting git workflow for release branches
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 20:16:48 GMT

On 20-Aug-2014, at 9:55 pm, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
> Maybe I need to reiterate why I reject the proposal for now, as I am the only person
vote -1(binding).
> I think we all understand the pain as a release manager, even right after 4.2 release,
I asked community to think about how
> We gonna fix the release procedure(http://markmail.org/message/3bptkm2xyrai6i7m), no
much response at that time.
> But the situation is much better now, as more and more people are trying to solve the
problem, instead of staying on the status quo.
> To me, the highest priority issue we need to solve is the CI, even a simple CI against
simulator, will catch a lot of regressions in management server code.
> The second priority, is code review.
> The git flow co-relates to how we gonna solve above two issues. I think that's the different
opinions we have today, and I already made the point that
flow: http://markmail.org/message/hyk54z7imn5gyqkn
> So can't we just put our efforts to solve the big problems at first, instead of debating
on the small things forever?

I surrender (and this proposal), but I would still like to see something actionable on the
“big” problems from your side like why don’t you start a proposal/discussion around
it? Let’s solve the biggies first.

Edison the things I was trying to bring IMO won’t conflict with any future CI/code review
process that we may adopt, they focus on how we can improve community participation and do
(multiple) releases & commit maintenance across branches.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com