cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing the way password reset works, or allowing the cloud-init way
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 23:04:56 GMT

On Aug 26, 2014, at 1:34 PM, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand correctly, we currently deploy a web server on port 8080 on

Slight correction: A processes on the VR listens on port 8080, and hands any connections to
a UNIX script. Calling it a "web server" is way too kind.

Also, you’re just looking at the unix use-case. The Windows agent is close sourced the last
I checked.

Cloud-init doesn’t feel like the best solution, as the one good thing the current setup
does is remove the password from the VR after it’s fetched.

Thought there was a bug filed on this, but I don’t see it?