cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [ACS44] committing to 4.4
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 09:56:07 GMT
Hi Daan,

On 09-Aug-2014, at 9:14 am, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>> (vacation perhaps?)
>
> You've got my number, yes we can wait. But how different is 4.4.1 from
> 4.4.0 and how much more testing do we need? We can keep postponing
> releases for ever. Do you feel the present quality is not up to par? I
> think it is as good as we can do given the community involvement that
> we have. I would suggest a 4.4.2 but am not -1 on your direction. If
> you have specifics that you want to test and for which you need time
> let'd wait. If it is just area's to monkey test, I say test 4.4.1 and
> submit tickets to solve in 4.4.2.
> Of course if we decide an issue is a blocker we should wait as well.

Yes, I think 4.4.0 was the worst release ever, but that my opinion.
I faced some (production) issues around KVM, LXC, systemvm, agent and storage which I would
like to test.

In the past we’ve better participation where dev and qa folks would run down a list of test
cases to test old/new features in the release that "did not happen” with 4.4.0 IMO.

> Let's go towards a model where the RM is not needed,

It’s a tough job I get it, but we’ll always need one because it will be challenging to
expect everyone’s responsibility.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue