cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject RE: NO commits to master
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 10:16:12 GMT
Why not cut out a new develop branch after the 24/48 hrs window and discard the current develop
branch. That is much more simpler.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Yadav [mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 August 2014 3:20 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: NO commits to master

Hi Rajani,

Thanks for taking the initiative, people may still keep pushing onto master, so please give
them a window of 24-48 hours so that everyone is informed, or alternatively you may sync commits
from master to develop but I hope we don't end up in branch based split-brain where some folks
will continue checking into master and others to develop.

Can anyone comment if we can put a git hook to drop pushes on master with help from ASF infra
folks?

On 05-Aug-2014, at 11:43 am, Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karuturi@citrix.com> wrote:

> develop branch is created as of commit cc725e53e304781148a6bf077e05d844fe88207c
>
> Please do not commit anything to master and use the respective branches.
> Please go through the detailed wiki by Leo @ https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Git
>

> ~Rajani
>

> On 05-Aug-2014, at 3:08 pm, Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karuturi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> I am creating a develop branch on the latest master commit cc725e53e304781148a6bf077e05d844fe88207c
and will update in a minute.

>> please wait for my next mail and push all the commit to develop branch there after.
>>

>> ~Rajani

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue