cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.eduku...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL]: MarvinCli
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:50:03 GMT
Hi Rohit,

Thanks. Actually, even i had the same thought in mind, of keeping all these under one cli.
But, till we have cleaner separation of marvin from current mvn system, some of this cli uses
existing libs from marvin, make more independent and common versioning to use, lets keep it
separate.

With the below change, we will decouple few mvn profiles for marvin, going ahead, i will add
it to make it under one common cli.

I will see if i can reuse cloudmonkey parts, and ask for help in case any.

Away from it, there were few plans in phase2, to add and make some of the libs under marvin
little more helpful, so that test writers will reduce some verbosity, while writing the test
code.

Thanks!
Santhosh
From: Rohit Yadav [rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:08 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL]: MarvinCli

On 28-Aug-2014, at 11:59 am, Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> Good Day. Iam planning to add the below change, please let me know your inputs.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/MarvinCli

Nice. In case you’re interested you can re-use some cli code from cloudmonkey or even implement
these features quite easily in cloudmonkey itself instead of having two different tools.

> Few members have inquired the usage of marvin from cli. There were few mails on ml, inquiring
for few basic usage of marvin and its help EX:deploydc etc, with this cli, the usage and help
to use marvin should be made and available easily.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Santhosh

Regards,
Rohit Yadav