cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: implementing git workflow
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 19:26:22 GMT
On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Alena Prokharchyk
<Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com> wrote:
> I think we should hold on with the git workflow implementation till all
> the decisions on the items written by Leo, are discussed and finalized.
>
> The very beginning of ³git workflow vote² shows that the vote was just to
> get people opinion on the proposal. Before adopting it and cutting the
> develop branch, all the questions should be cleared out.

I agree with Alena - the vote was framed as opinion, not adoption.
Moreover, the document voted on has been changed ~10 times since we
started the vote, and the differences are substantial:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/diffpagesbyversion.action?pageId=30738915&selectedPageVersions=32&selectedPageVersions=22

Agreement to do something and the following implementation are not
necessarily instantaneous.