cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: implementing git workflow
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 18:00:51 GMT
> > we have two open questions to answer before that:
> > 1. Can we enable a git hook to prevent the commits to master post the switch?
>
> It’s possible theoretically but to do that in less than 48 hours could be a challenge,
you can open a ticket on JIRA/ASF-infra or contact the fine folks on ASF infra such as humbledooh
(irc etc.).

Let me preemptively say that Infra will not implement one-off commit
hooks for a repo. These become difficult to maintain at scale (we have
close to 300 writable repos) and is often causes a performance problem
at scale, which becomes difficult to watch for.

--David