cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NO commits to master
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 10:34:20 GMT
Rajani,

I think you did great work. The fact that more communication could
have helped is in no way on you. There is a wiki page with a proposal
that has been voted on. No -1!
Having said that let's put down a time line. One thing in there is, in
my opinion that as of now no one should commit to master without
having made a feature/bugfix branch first. Next we should put dates to
the branches we are ging to make. I don't think you should revert your
creation of the develop branch but it doesn't matter either way. 48
hours is fine. Let's put a date to the 4.4 branch as well.

Daan

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Rajani Karuturi
<Rajani.Karuturi@citrix.com> wrote:
> Its not any simpler. Its going to be the same work.
>
> I am not convinced that delay is going to help. But, I am going to abandon the develop
branch and create one 48hrs later.

> ~Rajani
>

> On 05-Aug-2014, at 3:46 pm, Koushik Das <koushik.das@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Why not cut out a new develop branch after the 24/48 hrs window and discard the current
develop branch. That is much more simpler.

give them a window of 24-48 hours so that everyone is informed, or alternatively you may sync
commits from master to develop but I hope we don't end up in branch based split-brain where
some folks will continue checking into master and others to develop.

>> Can anyone comment if we can put a git hook to drop pushes on master with help from
ASF infra folks?

>> On 05-Aug-2014, at 11:43 am, Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karuturi@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> develop branch is created as of commit cc725e53e304781148a6bf077e05d844fe88207c
>>>
>>> Please do not commit anything to master and use the respective branches.
>>> Please go through the detailed wiki by Leo @ https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Git
>>>

>>> ~Rajani

>> Regards,
>> Rohit Yadav