cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ACS441]please test
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:54:48 GMT
Because we throw away the tag on a released version that way.

Maybe we should anyway as 4.4 has barely or not been tested before
releasing. Most if not all testing by citrix qa has been done on
4.4-forward and hardly anyone else has or manages to upgrade (clean
installs seem to work).

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Anshul Gangwar
<anshul.gangwar@citrix.com> wrote:
> The order of cherry-picked commits is not maintained. i.e. the order in which commits
are made in 4.4-forwrad is not same in 4.4. This will create more regressions instead of fixing.

> One fix(Hyper-V agent build is broken) which I made is occurred due to this. To verify
fixes, which one has made some 2 months back are in correct order will take lot of effort.

> Why can't we simply rename 4.4-forward to 4.4?

have no reasonable work around but still, I want to ask you all to have a look at any code
you might have worked on in 4.4-forward and check of my conflict resolving didn't introduce
regression. I get the feeling we will need a 4.4.1 and will put some effort into it but can
not do it alone (especially not the testing).

> If you find you should fix something I broke, please branch a branch for yourself and
let me merge that branch back. This in anticipation and as exercise for the way we are considering
the work in future releases. It will surely help us fine-tune 'our' gitflow.

--
Daan