cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [ACS44] committing to 4.4
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 21:48:09 GMT
Hi Daan,

May I suggest if we can take the next week to test 4.4 branch rigorously and fix bugs, also
get some participation from dev and QA folks in the community, 4.4.0 release IMO could have
found some more attention from the community. I just request to do it right this time. In
case you’re going somewhere (vacation perhaps?), one of our previous RMs/PMCs folks such
as Animesh, Hugo, Chip can guide us.

My personal interest is to rigorously test api/cloudmonkey, KVM, LXC, db, agent, usage, systemvms,
events, storage and networking; I’m sure others can help out with testing Xen, VMWare, sdn,
vmsync, orchestrator, platform/service layer, and other components.

Regards.

On 08-Aug-2014, at 11:20 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's alright, and it turned out all right. I'm just nervous whether
> I can make a 4.4.1 on sunday.
>
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>> Hi Daan,
>>
>> Sorry about that, my frivolous fix broke the systemvm build job and that led series
of brute force fixes.

>> On 08-Aug-2014, at 10:26 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> H,
>>>
>>> Please stop committing to 4.4 the coming time. If there are things to
>>> make a branch with the following name structure:
>>>
>>> hotfix/4.4-<jira ticket number or description>
>>>
>>> This is not to be instructive or corrective for anyone's good work
>>> over the last day, just to make sure we keep a solid state on 4.4
>>>
>>> I will do any merge that is requested either this weekend or after we
>>> have 4.4.1 out.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> --
>>> Daan