cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [SHOW] Authentication refactoring
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 03:50:48 GMT
Hi,

The way we handle login and logout is hardcoded and since there is no APICommand/BaseCmd implementation
the apidoc, apidiscovery and other don’t discover these apis. For supporting SAML as an
authentication mechanism, I’ve refactored the Auth mechanism as a pluggable service that
loads with api-server artifact and both login and logout are now implemented as a pseduo BaseCmd
classes.

I call them pseudo because their execute() is never called, the authentication guards in ApiServlet
class make sure we call an authenticate method of such classes. Since, they are tightly coupled
with cloud-server’s ApiServlet it only made sense to have the interface definition and implementation
within the same package/artifact as well. This also solves the apidoc issue for login/logout
and saml related auth apis.

I’ll merge them after sometime and continue working on saml stuff. Will push the code in
the branch “auth-refactor” in an hour for review/testing now. This does not break anything
and should not cause any auth related issues for all existing clients.

Any suggestions, feedback welcome! Refactoring was pretty straight forward but I’ll make
sure to write a wiki page on this before merging to master.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com