cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.2.0 (take #2)
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:12:20 GMT
Thanks for raising your concerns Erik and Sebastien, I’ve added code to honour backward compatibility
for options: host, port, path and protocol so you won’t have to change your recipes and
scripts.

When users will set those deprecated options, they will be told about this and this will create,
but this will set the url option in the config file for currently select server profile only.

Sorry guys, due to this change I’m calling off this voting thread again and resubmitting
the new artifacts for a new voting round.

Cheers.

On 21-Aug-2014, at 3:33 pm, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:

> 21. aug. 2014 15:04 skrev "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> følgende:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 21-Aug-2014, at 2:28 pm, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If I am allowed a light hearted joke…:
>>> I am going to veto -1 this release…because it totally breaks the
> recipes that I just wrote in my book :(
>>
>> :) Sorry about dropping the server related configs (host, port, protocol,
> path etc), I though using just the URL is less work.
>>
>> Hey, if you really want I can let make it backward compatible to use old
> keys. Advise? I can repost a new artifact for voting after that fix.
>>

> Perhaps it could be added with a deprecated warning, with a target for
> removal in 6.0?
>
> Erik
>
>> Regards,
>> Rohit Yadav