cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rayees Namathponnan <rayees.namathpon...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [BLOCKED] Unable to connect to management server on current master builds
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:07:21 GMT
We are supporting java 1.7 only in 4.5 release,  I think management sever don't even start
with java1.6

Mostly Alex should be using java 1.7 only.

Regards,
Rayees

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Yadav [mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 5:47 AM
To: Alex Brett
Cc: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [BLOCKED] Unable to connect to management server on current master builds

Works for me, but I've put a case to avoid NPE. It looks like spring is failing to inject
on your local system, can you make sure you're using jdk 1.7 and not 1.6? I've put a check
to avoid this case, but in case the injected authenticator is null for you, you won't be able
to use any pluggable authenticator such as saml.

On 31-Aug-2014, at 11:11 am, Alex Brett <Alex.Brett@citrix.com> wrote:

> This is still failing for me, but I think I've now found the exception that is actually
showing the problem - it was hiding in localhost.<date>.log. I've pasted it on the ticket,
but here it is as well:

> [...]
> loadModules(ModuleBasedContextFactory.java:37)
> at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.in
> it(CloudStackSpringContext.java:70)
> at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<i
> nit>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:57)
> at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<i
> nit>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:61)
> at
> org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.web.CloudStackContextLoaderListene
> r.contextInitialized(CloudStackContextLoaderListener.java:52)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext
> .java:3972) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:44
> 67) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.
> java:791) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771
> ) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:526)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java
> :1041) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.ja
> va:964) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:
> 321) at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycle
> Support.java:119) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:51
> 6) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:593)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.j
> ava:57) at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccess
> orImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com