cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karut...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: NO commits to master
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 10:25:00 GMT
Its not any simpler. Its going to be the same work.

I am not convinced that delay is going to help. But, I am going to abandon the develop branch
and create one 48hrs later.

~Rajani

On 05-Aug-2014, at 3:46 pm, Koushik Das <koushik.das@citrix.com> wrote:

> Why not cut out a new develop branch after the 24/48 hrs window and discard the current
develop branch. That is much more simpler.

give them a window of 24-48 hours so that everyone is informed, or alternatively you may sync
commits from master to develop but I hope we don't end up in branch based split-brain where
some folks will continue checking into master and others to develop.

> Can anyone comment if we can put a git hook to drop pushes on master with help from ASF
infra folks?

> On 05-Aug-2014, at 11:43 am, Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karuturi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> develop branch is created as of commit cc725e53e304781148a6bf077e05d844fe88207c
>>
>> Please do not commit anything to master and use the respective branches.
>> Please go through the detailed wiki by Leo @ https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Git
>>

>> ~Rajani
>>

>> On 05-Aug-2014, at 3:08 pm, Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karuturi@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am creating a develop branch on the latest master commit cc725e53e304781148a6bf077e05d844fe88207c
and will update in a minute.

>>> please wait for my next mail and push all the commit to develop branch there
after.

>>> ~Rajani
>>>

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav