cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Merge saml2 branch to master
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:47:21 GMT

On Aug 26, 2014, at 5:41 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> On 26-Aug-2014, at 10:38 am, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's the unit test coverage ?
>
> Class, %Method, %Line, %
> SAMLUtils100% (1/ 1)80% (8/ 10)75% (66/ 88)
> SAML2UserAuthenticator100% (1/ 1)100% (4/ 4)84.6% (11/ 13)
> SAML2LoginAPIAuthenticatorCmd100% (1/ 1)45.5% (5/ 11)50.8% (63/ 124)
> SAML2LoginAPIAuthenticatorCmdTest100% (1/ 1)100% (4/ 4)98.6% (72/ 73)
> SAML2LogoutAPIAuthenticatorCmd100% (1/ 1)62.5% (5/ 8)35.3% (18/ 51)
> SAML2LogoutAPIAuthenticatorCmdTest100% (1/ 1)100% (3/ 3)100% (26/ 26)
> SAML2AuthManagerImpl0% (0/ 1)0% (0/ 12)0% (0/ 60)
>
> (The last one, auth manager is an adapter which is injected by Spring to an api auth
manager, the start() method of which depends on fetching metadata from external IdP so may
not be unit tested).

> Existing contract of ApiServlet and other classes and their external interfaces have
not changed. ApiServlet’s test cases were fixed.

>> Can you add some Marvin/integration tests ?
>
> Depends on external entity, IdP, will be difficult to write and I don’t know how.
> The saml plugin’s external operation consists of redirecting user to IdP for authentication
when samlsso or samlslo apis are called. Selenium tests could be written but we don’t have
any such infra or existing tests yet.

we do have some selenium tests in /test/selenium but I don't think they are being run.

+1 from me (satisfied with your answers)

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com