cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.2.0 (take #3)
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 08:22:59 GMT

On Aug 21, 2014, at 10:20 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to concerns raised by Sebastien and Erik, I’ve added backward compatibility
to cloudmonkey to support now deprecated options: host, port, protocol and path. Setting them
will cause cloudmonkey to warn users but set the url option using those values instead. Looking
forward to community participation and testing.

> I've created a new 5.2.0 release candidate of CloudMonkey, with the following artifacts
up for a vote:

> Git Branch and Commit SH:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-cloudmonkey.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/5.2
> Commit: 29695f97494b1046b77d483af2a5f064c168823c
>
> List of changes:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-cloudmonkey.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES;hb=5.2
>
> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the following location as well):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/cloudmonkey-5.2.0/
>
> Checksums:
> MD5: 75 33 66 F9 01 FC C5 DD  19 C5 AF 9B AF 73 CB EB
> SHA: B02A488F A60192F5 E74C234A C9B33855 67680142 22F4B4C7 D7F936CC 67FDE13C E12FEFD5
> 05371FE7 574A74C8 B0A63DC4 C2FAA064 FD26F07A D3D90319 6774BEB4
>
> PGP release keys (key ID used 0EE3D884):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>
> Vote will be open for 72 weekday hours. Since, the voting period overlaps an upcoming
weekend, we’ll conclude voting on Tuesday, 26th Aug 2014.

> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)"
with their vote?

> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Rohit, I am not sure what you tried to do with the url setting.

This is not entirely backward compatible because I need to create a profile anyway (add profile
under core then move the user section under the profile name..etc).
If I keep host, path etc…it dos create a url key automatically but it seems to be hard coded
to http://localhost:8080/client/api
I was under the impression that it would read existing host/path/port/protocol keys and form
a a new url value...

It does work with a properly set config file…so still +1 though in a perfect world this
new version would re-format my config file properly including forming the profile section
out of the user and server sections.

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue